Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Instead of SEXY, how about ICKY?

The current issue of US shows Patrick Dempsey looking positively McDreamy. All beautiful hair, dark and artful stubble and positively gorgeous pale blue eyes. The cover proclaims him as SEXY! and I admit it: when I saw it, these old knees went a little weak.

Then I read the article. In a nutshell, here's his past: Dyslexic and therefore a very bad student, Dr. McDreamy dropped out of school at age 17 and went to San Francisco to act. He became best friends with actor Corey Parker. Corey got bit parts on TV while Patrick took acting lessons and held out for movies. In 1987 he got the lead in the teen comedy Can't Buy Me Love and celebrated by marrying his acting coach -- Rocky Parker. Corey's mother. He was 21 and she was 47. Shockingly enough, it didn't last. "It was a Freudian nightmare. I was a little lost," he admits now.

What was that about? What was he thinking? What was SHE thinking? And poor Corey! This is just too weird!

Now I must look up his current wife's line of beauty products, Delux. Maybe she has my perfect McMoisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.