Monday, October 23, 2006

At least I didn't pack a lantern

I hate doing laundry, and yet today I had to do three loads. I completely overpacked, bringing clothes along to Las Vegas that I never wore. Since the clothes I did wear got smokey, and since they were packed alongside the unworn clothes, they still smell of smoke and needed washing. Except for the sweaters, which I must drop off at the dry cleaners.

Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise epitomizes my approach to packing. At the beginning, Louise picks Thelma up for their quick weekend getaway. Thelma comes out with all kinds of shit, including a lantern. Louise tells her to leave the lantern behind because the cabin has electricity. Thelma tosses it into the backseat anyway, saying, "In case there's some escaped psycho killer on the loose, who cuts the electricity off and tries to come in and kill us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.