Thursday, September 28, 2006

I like Addison


I do. Because she's so much less whiny and wussy than Meredith. (And perhaps because she's a redhead, like yours truly.) I hope that as McDreamy and Meredith heat up again, they won't write Addison out.

I am, of course, discussing Grey's Anatomy. The show I love. I began loving it because, well, just look at Patrick Dempsey. Yum. I simply can't believe this gorgeous grown-up was once the geek in Can't Buy Me Love.

But now I find I enjoy it almost as much for its portrayal of strong, idiosyncratic women. Addison Shepard. Christina Yang. Miranda Bailey. They're all so neat. I'm even warming up to that dark-haired girl whose in love with George. Tonight she covered for Meredith, and considering how annoying Meredith is, that couldn't have been easy.

I think part of the problem comes from the show's writers. Meredith's voiceovers remind me so much of Carrie Bradshaw's. Only Carrie's had a real purpose: she was the voice of the newspaper column she was writing. She also spent a lot of time discussing the inner lives of her closest friends. Meredith's voiceovers don't seem to accomplish anything except to make Dr. Grey seem self-centered and kinda somnambulistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.