Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Trying new things isn't all it's cracked up to be

I recently got a free sample at the Smashbox cosmetic counter. It was a foundation primer called Photofinish. Erik, the sales associate who waited on me, assured me that I'd be in to buy a whole bottle.

It's supposed to make my tinted moisturizer just glide on. OK, it did.

It's supposed to fill up or minimize fine lines. I didn't notice any great improvement.

It's supposed to make me break out in bright pink little zits all around my mouth. OK, Erik didn't promise that. But Photofinish delivered on that, anyway.

I feel pretty! Oh, so pretty! I feel pretty and witty and bright!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Bummer about the pink dots! I've never heard of the Smashbox stuff --- must be something in the Big City. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, it's called Photofinish by Smashbox. AND AVOID IT!!!! Every article (both in magazines and online) talks about how terrific it is. Either there's something amiss with my personal chemistry, or all these reviewers own stock in some zit cream company.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.