Friday, August 30, 2024

Saturday 9

Morning Train (1981)

1) In this song, Sheena Easton sings about her lover, who takes a train to and from work each day. When is the last time you took public transportation? Where did you go? Earlier this month I went downtown to meet Elaine for a movie and dinner. I can't believe that's the only trip I've made this month but it's true. Strange when I remember I spent the better part of my 45 year professional life commuting to work.

2) His workday begins at 9 and ends at 5. Do your days stick to a predictable schedule? Not anymore. In semi-retirement it seems I'm either busy and scheduled or quiet and lazy, nothing in between.


3) In the evening she sings that they may go to a movie, a restaurant or slow dancing ... whatever she wants. Which of those would you choose? Restaurant

4) As a little girl, Sheena Easton performed at family gatherings, not just because she was talented but because she could be a bit of a ham. When you were a kid, were more often shy or outgoing? Outgoing, but not in a performative way. Just in a noisy and fidgety way.

5) In the late 1980s she was the spokeswoman for Bally's health clubs. Do you have a gym membership? I have a membership to a yoga studio, paid for by my Medicare supplement plan. YAY!

6) In 1987 she played Sonny Crockett's love interest on Miami Vice. Were you a fan of the show? I really enjoyed the first season. I lost interest after that. Here's the thing: the 80s were my party girl days and I've never been techy. Miami Vice aired on Friday nights, I was seldom home on Friday nights, I was recording Dallas on my VCR and taping two shows on different channels was beyond my expertise.





7) This weekend is a good reason to have a picnic or barbecue. The best-selling barbecue sauce flavors are sweet, spicy, and smoky. What's your favorite? Sweet

8) Labor Day weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore? Yes

9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe? I don't think so.



 

7 comments:

  1. I taped Dallas, Knott's Landing and Falcon Crest. I worked part time in the evenings, 6-11, Monday-Friday at the postal service. I could watch the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you could tape two shows at once in 1987. Maybe somebody could, but I know I could not have done it, not without different VCRs and TV. Of course, I was still only able to get 2 channels in 1987.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miami Vice was on NBC at 8:00 and Dallas was on CBS at 9:00. My then-boyfriend and I had exactly the same VCR (purchased at a Sears employees' sale) and he could tape them both. I remember this because he often teased that Sonny Crockett and JR Ewing were the men I really wanted to wake up to on Saturday when I went home with him on Friday night.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Restaurant seems to be the most popular answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga? I’m jealous. I quit yoga after I started having problems with my knees

    ReplyDelete
  5. I taped the occasional movie or special, but would you believe I never taped an episode of any show?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny this is Sam's song choice this week--I heard it on my satellite radio the other day and thought, "This song was a hit???"

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.