Thursday, March 07, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 7

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 7:

1) I was patient. I was fiddling around with the online scheduling tool for the store and saw that after March 15, I'm not scheduled for any hours. Other people are, but not me. Although no one is scheduled for my particular shift (10 to 2), there is a crazy quilt of sales people scheduled and there will be coverage. There could be many reasons for this, but the first one that came to mind is that Store Manager CeeCee can no longer afford me. After all, I was hired in late October with the understanding that the job would be over on January 1. "Seasonal Sales Associate" is my title. Or it could have to do with spring break, the vacation of my regularly-scheduled manager Jen, or ... or ... or ... I see Colleen (whom I've yet to meet) isn't scheduled either. ANYWAY, when I noticed this, my first impulse was to text CeeCee and say, "What gives?" If she is letting me go, I'll certainly understand. I just hate having stuff like this hanging over my head, unresolved. My initial impulse is to get it all out in the open. I was going to text her and ask her to call me and then I remembered: she's taking this week off. She worked inventory at another store and she's tired. It would be enormously selfish of me to put my comfort before hers. I liked myself for realizing I can, indeed, wait until Monday, when she and I are face to face to ask, "What gives?"

I'm sorry but I don't have a 2 or 3 today.

2 comments:

  1. #2. I can work my way around a computer in an impressive manner. (You did this by "fiddling" with the store schedule.) #3. I was compassionate in realizing that not only am I not on the schedule, others are also missing, and perhaps the store isn't doing as well as I thought. (You did have these in there. Really.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, CD! You're so kind. And wise, too. I mean, if the point of this is to stop my negative self talk, your approach works.

      Delete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.