Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 12

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 12:

1) My patience paid off. John sent a goofy response to my goofy email. YAY! That means the lines of communication between us are, indeed, open and flowing both ways. I've been very worried about my self-isolating friend but had decided to give him space to work out his own problems. In his own way, and in his own time. I take today's rather silly interaction as evidence that I made the right choice and I like myself for respecting his privacy. (<<< Not easy.)

2) I followed up. I shot an email to Elaine. She's a good friend and I think I take her for granted sometimes. I like that I was more careful of her feelings.

3) I returned to yoga. I will never be good at yoga, but after missing two consecutive weeks, I was creaky and stiff and, well, I sucked. It's never fun to get up and go over to do something you know you're not good at. But it's good for me! I'm glad I took care of myself by making myself go.

 

1 comment:

  1. It is good that you are reaching out to people. I think you're a very good role model for some of us.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.