Wednesday, November 15, 2023

An attagirl from Brandon!

This week I had took my 35th yoga class. It was noteworthy not just as a milestone, but because Brandon -- who is a badass human pretzel -- told me one of my poses was "great."

I freely acknowledge I am the worst in the class. I could be Brandon's mom, and I'm aware that the 1999 Springsteen tour shirt I wear is older than some of my classmates. I'm overweight, uncoordinated
and have a bad back. But I show up. 

So I took that unsolicited smile and praise from Brandon to mean I am improving, and my sincere efforts are recognized by the guy on the next mat.* 

It felt so good!


*Rachel, our instructor, gives me words of encouragement every week. But that's her job, isn't it? It meant more from Brandon.

Photo by Junseong Lee on Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. That's great! It would keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It's great that you're doing this and taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.