Sunday, October 01, 2023

Self Portrait

 


The Cubs have been eliminated from post-season play. In a way, it's a blessing. This team has been out of gas, banged up and tired, for the last week and I've felt terrible watching them lose heartbreaker after heartbreaker. This is a charismatic, entertaining roster and I've become very fond of them (as is my wont). I hope they each have fun in the sun over the winter and I'll be back here for them come April.

Still, I am melancholy. I love baseball. I will miss it. 

This does free up my time, though. I can go to the movies. My friend Elaine wants to take a road trip. Kathleen wants to go to dinner. John and Gregory want to take a day trip to visit Kathy. Now I can do all those things without being one of those obnoxious folks who is forever checking her phone to see what the score is.

Which is all well and good. But I'd rather be watching Cubs baseball.


3 comments:

  1. Well now in autum, changing the temperature, is really a good moment for to go to the cinema really, for to see good and quality films. Have a really nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I thought the Mets were going to be good this year. At least the Cubbies were respectable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I hope next year they are healthy and hardy!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.