Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #292

My 13 favorite books of 2022. Are you familiar with Goodreads? They keep track of your reading stats for you. Goodreads enables me to share which books captured my attention this year.

I read 48 books in all, and these ranked highest. While I recommend all 13,  I gave the first four 5 stars, the rest 4.

1. Lady Bird and Lyndon by Betty Boyd Caroli (biography)

2. Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton and the Marriage of the Century by Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger (biography)

3. The Book of Joe by Joe Maddon and Tom Verducci (baseball memoir)

4. My Darling Husband by Kimberly Belle (thriller)

5. The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle (thriller)

6. Heartburn by Nora Ephron (fiction)

7. The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves (fiction)

8. Girls on Film by Alicia Malone (non-fiction)

9. The Death of a President by William Manchester (non-fiction)

10. The Perfect Mother by Aimiee Molloy (thriller)

11. Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline (mystery)

12. Too Much and Never Enough by Mary Trump (biography)

13. Beatles '66: The Revolutionary Year by Steve Turner (non-fiction)

Compiling this TT, I have such vivid memories of what I was doing/thinking/feeling when I was reading these books. I enjoyed looking over my Goodreads compilation.


Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your list of favorite books. I am on Goodreads and enjoy seeing recommendations from other readers. Looks like your favorite genres are mysteries, thrillers and biographies. I have read some of these books on your list, like Mary Trump's book. Others, like The Perfect Mother, I have on my "to read" shelf. Thanks for sharing your favorites of the year! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list - I need to read more biographies but seem to prefer fiction. I have a Goodreads account but never use it. I keep a list of books I've read during the year in an Excel sheet. It has 726 books listed; I started it in 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed an interesting list.
    I don't have much time to read and when I think I have the time I will be disturbed. So I read before sleeping. I don't keep a list of what I've read, but I make a pile of books I like and books that I have read but don't need to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! There are a couple I've added to my ever-growing TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read any of the books on your list so I am going to go look for them soon.. I do need to read a few more biographies so this helps :) My Thursday 13 is here

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.