Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #280

 Thirteen laundry symbols. I do not enjoy doing laundry. Yet it is the one domestic chore I am good at. I can't cook or sew, but I am a laundry diva. I can remove stains -- if it's organic, pre-treat with shampoo -- and successfully wash just about anything in the machine.

Because laundry is top mind right now, I'm defining 13 of the symbols commonly found on tags.

Dry clean

 
Do not dry clean

 

Hand wash

Machine wash

Mach wash gentle

Mach wash cold

Mach wash hot

Bleach

Do not bleach

No dryer

Tumble dry

Do not iron


Iron low temp

Happy washing!

 


Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.


 

5 comments:

  1. OMG I hate those little symbols. I have to look them up every time because I can never remember what they mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could recall these symbols when I'm at the laundromat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I split the laundry duty: he washes and folds, I iron. We both enjoy our bit of the deal. I'm the bathroom cleaning diva though (and yes, it includes lots and lots of singing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never look at those symbols at all (treat my clothes all the same and keep my fingers crossed)! And if I do look at them in the future, I will know what they mean thanks to your post..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read the labels. Now, it’s cie l’vie with the laundry. I separate them into two piles, tops and bottoms. Towels and sheets go with bottoms.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.