Wednesday, October 19, 2022

That's a wrap

At just before 5:00 today, I approved the last little bit of creative I will ever work on with this agency. It was for my automotive client. They left word that they are "very happy." A nice note to close on.

So I think I'm done with active projects. I know my last day will be next Thursday. That covers what I think and what I know. I just don't know how I feel as time is running out on my advertising career.

I went grocery shopping today -- Wednesday! -- at the big grocery store on the other side of town. I don't have to do chores and errands on weekends anymore. I may get wild and wacky and do my laundry Friday afternoon, instead of Sunday!

I have to set the alarm clock tonight because I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 9:00, not because I am working. After tomorrow, I don't know when I'll have to set it again. 

I am ready for this chapter to be over. I am chatting with my former boss, Aaron, on Friday. We're having drinks at work one last time next Wednesday. My severance is in place and it's completely fair. I've been exploring transcription work -- something my oldest friend did on the side to pay for a vacation -- that I can do from home. 

I have made medical appointments (dentist, the surgeon who did my lithotripsy) and it was cool to just be able to say, "Yeah, that day works," without wondering which meeting I'd be missing.

I have my Medicare Supplement paperwork here, waiting for my review and signature.

The George Clooney/Julia Roberts movie opens at my local theater on Friday. I may catch a weekday matinee!

I've been working full-time since I was 17, so this all feels so weird.




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement! I am really looking forward to mine in a little more than 3.5 years. Wow, that seems like a long time, but I think it will go pretty quickly. Sounds like you are keeping a positive attitude about everything and looking for the silver linings. I hope tomorrow's dental appointment goes well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are really organized and have all your ducks lined up and ready to go. I hope you are able to create the life you want in your retirement and enjoy it fully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing how this next chapter of your life goes. I think you will do it splendidly, myself, and show the rest of us how it's done. Best wishes to you in these new times. (And good luck with the doctor/dentist.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Gal! What a great note to leave on--that your client is happy. Hopefully you're almost finished with the doctor/dentist and can enjoy this new phase. I'm with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.