Sunday, April 03, 2022

Sunday Stealing

FROM BUN-TOTING LIBRARIAN

1.    When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? No zits.

2.    What shirt are you wearing? My Lincoln Home NHS t-shirt. This over-sized t is a souvenir of my most recent visit to Abe's house in Springfield, and it has the honor of being this week's nightshirt.

3.    Do you label yourself? Yes. I'm a barren spinster.

4.    What does your watch look like? Black band, white face, black numbers. Very utilitarian.

5.    What were you doing at midnight last night? Watching Pulp Fiction on cable. It's one of my favorite Bruce Willis performances (and I'm so sad about his health news).

6.    Last furry thing you touched? My cat Connie, who insists I never pet or feed her.

7.    Favorite age you have been so far? 35. I was in love. My career was taking off. I felt sexy and successful.

8.    What is your current desktop picture? It reflects why I never have company.



9.    If you had to choose between $1,000,000 or to be able to fly what would it be? Show me the money.

10.  The last song you listened to? "Down in the Boondocks" by Billy Joe Royal.

11.  What time of day were you born? Midnight between 11/21 and 11/22. Since midnight is not legally a time, my mom chose 12:01 AM for my birth certificate.

12.  Where did you live in 1987? On the other side of the tracks. Literally. If it wasn't for the train tracks, I could see my old home from my current one.

13.  What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Swear

 



14.  Would you move for the person you loved? Yes.

15.  Name three things that you have on you at all times? Since I (like most people) shower naked, there is nothing I have on me at all times. However, I never leave my home without my keys, a mask, and (usually but not always) my phone.

16.  What’s your favorite town/city? Chicago. It's a toddlin' town. I love it. I bet your bottom dollar you'll lose your blues in Chicago, Chicago ...

17.  What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Dinner for myself and my nephew at Cathy's Cafe in Macomb, IL. An old school, small town diner. Just over $25 for both us (including tip).

18.  When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Every week I send postcards to seniors as part of the Letters Against Isolation program. Thanks to Bev for introducing this program to me. 

19.  The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear? It's been more than a year! I wore a long, garnet red duster with matching cami over black leggings. Black flats.

20.  Does anything hurt on your body right now? Hurt? No. But I'm stiff getting up and getting moving.


 

4 comments:

  1. #5--I love that movie! And I really hope that aphasia awareness becomes a thing. My psychology students are fascinated that a celebrity has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of that outfit. I love the look of long dusters on other people, but I am 5'2" and afraid it would make me look even shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #18...that is wonderful!
    I am sad about Bruce Willis also. :( Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider myself a wise crone now, since I have aged.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.