Saturday, January 15, 2022

Done!

That five character text made me so happy. Patrick tells me that Reg and Henry now have health insurance. Finally. Now I can breathe.

According to a Harvard study, more than half of the households that file for bankruptcy do so because of medical bills. With Henry's TBI, his condition is always evolving, and I've been so worried that something sudden will happen that will land him back in the hospital. And let's not forget, they live in Florida during a pandemic. I just checked the stats: 59,000 new cases were reported yesterday in The Sunshine State, where masks are deemed unimportant.

With no insurance, an illness or hospitalization would be cataclysmic for their finances. And their futures. They aren't young men anymore. Henry just turned 59. Reg will be 62 next month. They simply don't have time to recover after a bankruptcy.


3 comments:

  1. That is GREAT news!!! This will help them so much. It is the same here in Missouri with the masks. :/ I went to the store last night with my mask on and people were looking at me like I had two heads. Thanks for sharing the good news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! So glad you FINALLY talked them into getting coverage. It is crazy that so many people aren't taking any precautions at all. Nuts. At least your friends now have health insurance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a relief!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.