Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday Stealing

More of Those 5000 Questions

1. Who do you take for granted? I realize I have taken my cat Reynaldo's spirit for granted. It is not indomitable, after all. He is reaching the end and I am heartbroken. (See post below.)

2. Short, knee, or ankle skirts? I don't wear skirts.

3. Do you wear a hat? Very seldom.

4. Who's your favorite cartoon character? Mr. Peabody, with his boy, Sherman, of course. Every dog should have a boy.


 

5. Does break dancing impress you? I suppose. I mean, I realize it's hard to do. But I haven't seen anyone break dance in years (decades?).

6. Are you a miracle? In the sense that we're each a miracle.

7. Have you ever eaten tofu? I suppose it's been in a salad or on a sandwich I've consumed.

8. Does the moon have an effect on your mood? I have never noticed. But I have friends who believe strongly that it does. It's possible.

9. Many people will say that the Harry Potter books are pure fluff with no literary value. Do you agree? I've never read one. But I'm very much in favor of books that encourage young people to read.

10. What are you doing next Wednesday? I'm having a Zoom with a lawyer about my new will. (Jealous, aren't you?) In December of last year, I signed up for the group legal plan through work. $15.90/month. I enrolled because $190 for a will drawn up by a local lawyer -- not one I do myself through an online template -- is a good deal. (Investopedia says it generally costs $300 to $1,000.) However, it's not a good deal if I don't get off my ass and actually use the benefit. I mean, here it is, September already! For pity's sake, do it, Gal! And so Wednesday, I shall.

11. Why do so many people think Elvis is still alive? Good goobies! I haven't heard this one in years! I'm not sure anyone really thinks this anymore.

12. Are your hands cold? No.
               
13. Have you ever given blood? Yes.

14. What SCI-fi books do you read? I don't.

15. Have you ever belonged to a sorority or a fraternity? Nope.

 



5 comments:

  1. I have seen breakdancing lately. I do not get why they would want to still do that, but ok.
    I agree with you on the Harry Potter books. If they encourage kids to want to read, then they have done their job. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We "got our affairs in order" after my husband had a brain aneurysm in late 2017 and almost died. He recovered (total miracle story there), and we decided that we need to "do what we needed to do." We formed a "living trust" which, we were told, is better than I will and the only way to avoid probate. Gives me some peace of mind. I don't want to leave a "mess" for my children. Have a good Sunday and I hope goes well with the attorney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...sending lots of love and pets and cuddles to Reynaldo. We, sadly, need to get our acts together and get to a lawyer and have will drawn up. With our son's rejection of us and not being in our grandchildren's lives we want it clear and legal that our daughter and her children get everything. (I so hate having to even think about such things.) Mr. Peabody and Sherman...now there is a happy childhood memory. I loved all the different characters that showed up on the Bullwinkle show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your legal plan. I need to get my affairs in order, too, not that there's much to get in order...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It cost us $200 a piece to redo our wills back in the spring. It's a good thing to get out of the way and have done. Since we have no children, it was imperative that we ensure things were in order. (This was before the Covid shots were available to us and I was afraid we'd both get it and die.) Good for you for getting this taken care of. So many people don't.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.