Wednesday, August 04, 2021

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 4

 Today's happiness -- A trip to the park.  Reynaldo and I spent about 30 minutes at the park today. I put the carrier on the ground and sat with him in the dirt. There are better bugs in the dirt. (I never took him out of the carrier because dogs are welcome in the park, and no good would come of that.)

I am trying very hard to accept a situation in which I'm helpless. My little man is old and battling a full menu of chronic maladies: glaucoma, arthritis, kidney and thyroid conditions and now a bad ticker. I cannot make him young again, but I can do whatever I can to make him happy. While today was bittersweet, I hope when I look back on Reynaldo's last summer, I'll remember this as only sweet.

 

All the adventure wore him out.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you could take Reynaldo out for a little adventure. I love this happiness challenge. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you took Reynaldo to the park. I'm sorry he's ill. It is so tough to lose a pet. I refused to get another dog after the last one passed away in 2000. My brother's dog died last week and said the same thing: that was his last dog. Broken hearts are tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Sending love to you and Rey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet Rey really enjoyed it. And being there with you. I've been trying to give our four kitties more love these days. Maddie, being a dog, tends to suck all the love in her direction, but they deserve just as much.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.