Friday, July 09, 2021

I chose red and blue intentionally

This roller coaster is Cardinal red and Cubbie blue, and it represents how I feel about baseball right now.

24-hours ago, I was miserable. Cubs President Jed Hoyer made it plain that trades would be made ... and soon. Met fans on Twitter were jubilant that Kris Bryant would be theirs before the end of the month. Since KB puts the BRY in BRYZZO, I was bereft.

Then Boston fans started gloating that my favorite most Cub, Anthony Rizzo, would soon be returning to the Red Sox, the team that signed him when he was still a teenager battling cancer. They are gleefully anticipating Rizz leading them to a World Series in an ending befitting a Hollywood movie. Losing Rizz would break my heart in more ways than I can count.

The end of Bryzzo. I want to cry,

Then my guys rallied today to beat the arch-rival Cardinals most decisively. The team on the field today didn't look like they'd just lost an epic 10 straight. Bryzzo each got a hit!

I am happy. I celebrated with a creamsickle float.*


*The latest offering at the local ice cream shop: Fanta orange soda and vanilla custard. I highly recommend it.

Photo by mrsiraphol @ www.freepik.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Rizz is headed to the Sox. As a New Englander, they're my home team.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.