Friday, July 09, 2021

At least he checked in

Got a quick text from John today. He saw a doctor for the first time since 2019. He reports that she changed his medications and their dosages, hoping that will enhance his energy level and his life. She also scheduled an MRI and "heart tests" for him. 

I'm relieved. He has been feeling so rotten over the last 3-4 months, I was afraid she was going to admit him. I'm grateful he was able to just see the doctor and then go home.

I'm also grateful that he remembered to let me know. Often when he's sick, he withdraws. I get it, because when I don't feel good, I just want to recharge and heal. But what John forgets is that I care about him. When I don't know what's going on with him, I'm stressed. 

So this two sentence text -- received when I was waiting for my order at Panera (which they botched) -- was positive. Not only is he getting care, he's taking my feelings into account.


 Photo by jcomp - www.freepik.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.