Friday, March 05, 2021

Saturday 9

BIRTHDAY (2014) 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Katy Perry sings that she wants to give her lover something good to celebrate every day. What is making you happy this fine Saturday? I'm getting my hair cut! Yea! My hair has been cowlicky all week.

2) The video is all about baking a birthday cake. When did you most recently enjoy something home baked? Were you the baker? I can't recall the last time I had something home baked.

3) Tell us a memory from one of your birthdays. A few years back, a dear friend gave me a Guatamalan worry doll. I'm terrified every time I get on a plane and my fear touched his heart, so he advised me to bring her with with me every time I fly. Supposedly if I tell her my worries, she will share them and help them go away. It was a thoughtful gift and she does travel with me.

4) This week's song shares nothing but the title with a Beatles song. (Here's a video of Paul McCartney performing it live.) Can you think of another title that's been used by more than one song? "Best of My Love" by The Emotions and "Best of My Love" by The Eagles. Very different songs, but I love 'em both.

5) Similarly, this week's featured artist was born Kathryn Hudson and called Katy Hudson until she changed her name to Katy Perry to avoid confusion with the actress Kate Hudson. Have you ever met anyone else with your same name? Not in person. But someone else with my exact name has a profile on Facebook.

6) Katy and actor Orlando Bloom became parents to a baby girl in 2020. Bloom is best known for his work in the Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Are you a fan of either of those film series? Nope. Haven't seen a single one of those movies start-to-finish.

7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Prince William toured the United States and attended his first NBA game (Nets vs. Cavaliers). What's the most recent sporting event that you watched? Cubs spring training baseball. Oh, how I love the crack of the bat!

8) Also in 2014, Joan Rivers died. While best-known for making us laugh, she was a very successful entrepreneur, selling jewelry on QVC. Have you ever ordered anything from TV? Kinda/sorta. I googled "waterproof boots" and ended up on HSN.com, watched a video and purchased. But I don't have the patience to watch the shopping networks.
 
9) Random question -- Have you ever been told you talk too much? Only constantly.

8 comments:

  1. You picked 2 really good songs! I need a hair cut too! Did you get your new tv set up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the memory of the Guatemala worry doll.
    Have a great day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready for baseball to start back up! Hopefully we have a normal season this year!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the crack of the bat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you talk too much. Seriously? I hope you get that new TV hooked up soon. You will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your haircut! I always feel so pampered when I get my hair done.
    I just love the idea of your worry doll. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh the simple pleasure of hair magic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah for getting your hair cut and styled. Whoop!
    The song do over.. I never heard the first but Boy do I remember that Eagles one. Thank you!
    Those little worry dolls are adorable. So cute!
    I had a teeny tiny one at one time. I think they work, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.