Friday, March 05, 2021

From grumpy to happy

I was having one of those days when nothing felt quite right. I was unsettled. Annoyed. I went out in the sun and ran some errands but the clear blue skies didn't improve my mood. While I was at the bank, I saw a bin filled with books. The local children's welfare clinic was accepting donations for the waiting room and to distribute to patients in need. This clinic does wonderful work, providing medical, dental and behavioral care and charging fees along a sliding scale, depending on what the family can afford. 

I had a gift card from the local bookseller in my purse. I'd been carrying it with me since December. My friend Mindy loaded it with $25 for my birthday and it had $6.00 left on it. Not enough for any book I wanted. But almost enough for Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?, a board book for toddlers and pre-schoolers.

I supported a small business and helped a worthy charity. It lifted my mood. That's what I have to do when I'm like this: I have to get out of my own head and help others.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.