Saturday, February 06, 2021

Saturday 9

 
Saturday 9: Waiting for Tonight (1999)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn't have to be as thrilling as hers.) I'm watching this film for my movie group. It's new to me and I'm enthusiastic about it. Afterward, I may reach out and call my oldest friend. Seeing Louis Jordan makes me think of her mother. When we were in junior high, comparing and contrasting David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman and Donny Osmond, her mom would interrupt and say, "Now Louis Jourdan! HE is dreamy!"


2) She sings that she's glad she's beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night? Yes. I put clean sheets on the bed (the flannel ones!) and they felt positively delightful.
 
3) Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won't include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What's the last adult beverage you enjoyed? I had a glass of Bailey's Irish Creme back before Thanksgiving. Since my case of the coronavirus settled in my gut, not my lungs, I've been reluctant to drink again. I don't want to upset my newly-settled stomach.

4) Ms. Lopez performed "Waiting for Tonight" during last year's Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend? Nope. This is what I'm living for. (Soon, Gal, soon ...)
 
 

5) Speaking of this weekend, The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his? Nope. I'm barely aware of him. He played at Lollapalooza in 2015 when I was there to see Sir Paul. So was most of the midwest. Apparently his fans are passionate and therefore upset that The Weeknd wasn't getting the attention they believe he deserved.



6) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it? I don't recall. I'm not a big avocado fan.

7) Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared? I had a pulled chicken sandwich on Friday.

8) This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl? No, because I see most of them before the game. I work for an ad agency. This really is a big fucking deal within the industry.


9) Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naive than you really are, or more sophisticated? I've done both. Most recently I pretended to be really unaware of the thinking behind about a project to save a colleague embarrassment. (Hey! Do you think it's possible that they might have meant ....)

10 comments:

  1. NY Mets, pitchers and catchers report 2/17. I’m psyched. A real baseball season this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice thing to do for your colleague. I actually did that yesterday. The manager for the other part of our team made an incorrect call on something, and a co-worker asked me how to deal with it. I basically said the same thing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good idea to be careful after having COVID-19

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your tummy troubles are improving. And I hope you get to go cross country skiing someday. I wonder if they make skis with training wheels? That's the only way I would ever put on a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of The Weekend (didn't know it it was a band or a single artist). I'm all for the Puppy Bowl. Actually, I'll be prepping for my colonscopy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't worry too much about the commercials, either, since you can watch most of them online and often before the game these days. Who is The Weekend and what kind of music does he perform?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ready for baseball to start too. Mostly because of Nolan Arenado. I did hear about Dexter Fowler yesterday morning. I was shocked! I read they are just going to go with their young players...probably because of the money they spent on Arenado. Kolten Wong went to the Brewers too. That upset me more than Fowler. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pulled chicken has become a staple of mine since our local grocery store pulls the rotisserie chicken ( and sells it at a ridiculous price ), but I don't care you only live once hehehehe.

    https://wordpress.com/post/500words500days.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loie IS a Dreamboat!

    I'm mostly clueless, Naive, especially when it comes to survival in the pit of in-law intrigue and innuendo. Basically I opted out. Not a game player.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your story about Louis Jourdan, although I've never heard of him. What fun that your friend's mom shared her teenage crush!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.