Monday, October 12, 2020

I am on vacation... I am on vacation...

I'm in the midst of four days off. Thursday/Friday/Monday/Tuesday. I looked at my email on Thursday afternoon and chimed in on something. Because I was traveling Friday I was unable to check in. Decisions were made without me.

Unwise decisions. 

Not incorrect. Not illegal. Just not smart.

I have decided to keep my opinion to myself. I am not responsible for the decision that was made. I am entitled to unplug and take the vacation I have earned and was promised.

The previous paragraph is completely reasonable. I just wish I felt better about it.

But I know if I dive back in, today and tomorrow will be devoted to work. 

So I am trying to let go and move on.

 


2 comments:

  1. Breathe in, breathe out, let it go. It wasn't your call. Unfortunately, rather like an election, you will have to deal with someone else's FU, but you will manage. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, that's a tough situation. I hope you're able to let it go so you can enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.