Wednesday, May 13, 2020

No one remembers this!

So far this week -- and I believe it's Wednesday* -- I've had to remind three people to use my landline. My coworker was upset that my cell went directly to voicemail when she knew I was there. That's why she should call my landline.

Patrick called and wanted to talk to me right away, but my cellphone was charging in the kitchen and I was in my bedroom. I didn't hear the ring, nor was I immediately aware of his urgent texts. That's why he should call my landline.

John complained about the quality of our connection. Um ... oh, hell, don't make me say it.


via GIFER

There's an extension in my living room and one in my bedroom. I cannot NOT hear it. The sound quality is almost always perfect. It's the same number I've had for freaking decades, so I know it's programmed into all their phones.

I will never be one of those people who carries her phone with her from room to room. I'll just lose it.† When we return to regular life, my cell phone will languish in my purse all day, because I have a perfectly serviceable landline on my office desk.

No, it doesn't accept texts or take photos. But it rings. It takes voicemail messages. It's the most dependable way to reach me when I'm at home. To borrow from Bruce Springsteen, "Use it, Rosie, that's what it's there for!"

 

*I lose track of the days while on shutdown.

†You have no idea how much time I waste looking for my glasses in this Covid19 days when it's unwise to wear my contacts.

1 comment:

  1. I hate my landline. I only keep it because the cable/internet/phone bundle is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.