Sunday, October 27, 2019

The right words at the right time

"Bitter root produces bitter fruit." 

When I got out of the shower, I heard Joel Osteen say that.

I forgot to turn off the bedroom TV before I went into the bathroom, and this is what I just so happened to hear. Only it's so perfect for me, that I don't think it was an accident. I believe God finds a way to find me.

I had a tough week. My boss was an asshole. In my role as condo board secretary, I got beat up by a pair of very noisy unit owners. I'm angry and hurt by the unfairness of it all. So it was the perfect time to be reminded of Hebrews 12:15:

See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. 

OR

Bitter root produces bitter fruit. 

So I have to let go of the anger and the hurt. Otherwise, I'll make myself unhappy. It's more important to dream, to believe and to hope. I hear you, Lord.

I got all this while slathering shea body butter on my legs. God so knows what He's doing when it comes to this old Gal!


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a shitty week. Here's to a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did have some people up in your grill. And yes, it's amazing how the Universe can seem vast but the indwelling spirit can "find you anywhere".

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.