Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Deep, Thought-Provoking Questions


If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give? Pick a baseball team and love it for life!





What is the most desirable trait another person can possess? Compassion

What are you most grateful for?
My health. And I'm grateful that my problems are first-world problems.


Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?
I need more context.


What do you want most? Right now? I'd like it to stop raining!



Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Oh, doing the right thing. Every day, I strive to be more Melanie and less Scarlett.


What has life taught you recently?
That growing old is not for sissies. Many of my friends are having real health/life problems, things we thought would never happen to us.



What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
More tolerance.


Where do you find inspiration? Judging by my Melanie/Scarlett answer, I'd say the movies.



Can you describe your life in a six word sentence?
No thanks, I don't want to. (<<<< Six words.)



If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because they can be painful and embarrassing.


What impact do you want to leave on the world?
I want to have helped others.


What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
Good goobies! We are deep and thought provoking today, aren't we!


In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?
The beauty in the moment. My mom was so good at that. I wish, in that way, I was more like her.


If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because, to borrow from Harry Chapin, we have planes to catch and bills to pay.


What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
I'm always happier after a shower.




Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
I've wondered "what if" quite often.

Has your greatest fear ever come true? No. Because I haven't died in a plane crash.

Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone? I don't know that's true.


What is your most beloved childhood memory? The year I found Blaze under the Christmas tree.



   

3 comments:

  1. I think I forget how restorative a nice hot shower can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the moment is a skill that seems to be fading. I know I am more guilty of it than I'd like to admit. I can remember when that wasn't the case, but for the life of me, I've no idea how to get back to before. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice for a newborn. *thumbs up*
    Blaze! Our older daughters had the lovely surprise of a Wonderhorse one year. The had the habit of feeding it, and thus named it "McGarlica" for the smell that it would emit.
    Living in the moment comes easier with practice. Think of petting your cats. how you let the love flow back and forth without anything interfering. Love you, Gal!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.