2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life? "Duck Lake." I don't know where it was (Illinois? Wisconsin?). My parents and my grandparents got a cottage there. It had a grassy front yard (the beach was, as my mom would say, "a ways away"). There was only a shower, which I was too young to use, so at night, my mom gave me a bath in a Rubbermaid tub in the kitchen. I was 4 or 5. I caught my first and only fish that summer. That's all I remember about it.
3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see? My Coca-Cola
can/water bottle. I bought it to encourage me to drink more water. I keep it cool in the frig and then take it with me to the bedroom at night (if I remember).
4. What is your favorite place in your home. My dining room table.
5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land? I'd fly to my friend Henry's side. He's going through a frightening time with his health.
6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car? I don't have a car.
7. What is special about the town you live in? Our architecture. We have an impressive collection of prairie style buildings, including many Frank Lloyd Wrights.
8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love? His mom died in 2015. I sent flowers to the funeral home. I haven't seen him for decades, but his mom and my mom remained friends and she would have wanted me to.
9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day? I'm not going to second guess The Lord in this one!
10. How do you beat the summer heat? I whine and look for air conditioning.
11. Did you enjoy your Senior Year in high school? No.
12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time? As was stated during the C-Span series on The First Ladies, she was sui generis.
13. Post a link to your first blog post. No. I believe if you're that interested, you know how to do that.
14. When was the last time you needed First Aid? I wore a Band Aid a few months ago when I got a paper cut.