Sunday, August 04, 2019

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 4

Today's happiness -- Free books. To thank us for helping with the sale, we volunteers were allowed to take as many "left over" books as we wanted for free. I looked forward to this for days!

Here's my haul:

Little Gloria, Happy at Last (1980): A well-worn copy that once belonged to Betty Reed (whoever that is). I've always meant to read this and never got around to it.

Luckiest Man: The Life and Death of Lou Gehrig (2005). Last year, my favorite of my book sale books was an exhaustive biography of Joe DiMaggio. I hope I like this one, too.

Cary Grant: A Biography (2004). I was holding a big, thick tome on Bette Davis and then I spotted this one. No offense to Bette, but Cary Grant just captivates me.

Diana: In Pursuit of Love (2004). You know, William and Harry's mum. It's probably crap, but I don't care.

The Undomestic Goddess (2005). I read all the Shopaholic books by the author and really enjoyed them, so this feels like a good bet.

Sand in My Bra (2003). Funny short stories about travel by women writers.

The Twist and Shout Murder (2006): "That Girl meets Miss Marple."

Purrfect Heat (2017): Max, a big orange tabby, solves mysteries.

I also liberated four books to give to share with Kathy, my aunt, my kid sister, and my friend Joanna.

Books. They make me happy. A dozen free books is cause for celebration.


Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet haul! And a very good reason to be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting haul--such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.