Tuesday, October 09, 2018

FURIOUS


On September 24, Bob came over and estimated the cost of painting my bathroom. Between the 25th and and October 3rd, I exchanged emails with his boss, John. We agreed on a price of $275 for a 4-hour job. To begin at 9:00 AM on October 8.


To begin at 9:00 AM on October 8.

No one showed up.

John could have called ... or texted ... or emailed. He had many ways to reach me. He chose none of them.

I took a day off work for nothing.

I am completely freaking out about how this work will be done before the tub/tile contractors show up to do the major work.

I am livid.

I.took the day to process my feelings, to chill out. And then, before I went to bed, I left this review over and over again. On Yelp and Houzz and Google and Angie's List. I hope I sounded measured and credible, and perhaps saving someone else from this agita.




I wish there was a no-star option. This contractor came over and gave me an estimate, we scheduled a time, and then no one ever showed up for the work. No call, no email, no text. I can understand someone being overbooked, or needing to reschedule. But to allow me to take the day off work for nothing, to ignore the commitment, is unprofessional. No acknowledgement or apology has yet been offered. Approach this company with extreme caution.




1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.