Saturday, April 28, 2018

Another culprit reveals itself

Last Thanksgiving, my oldest friend and I had a wonderful dinner at Nine Fine Irishmen in the New York New York Hotel. The first course was corn and potato chowder, made with red pepper. It was delicious, and it made me soooo sick. Almost immediately.

You little bastards!
Today, on the way home from the vet -- where I bought a case of prescription cat food for Reynaldo -- I decided to treat myself to lunch. The little Italian restaurant near the bus stop had Saturday specials, including spaghetti carbonara made with ground black pepper. It was delicious. Guess what happened, as soon as I got home.

It was so unfair, because I'd been so happy. Lunch was great, the book I was reading was great. I had a whole day ahead of me with nothing more I had to accomplish. It was cold but sunny and dry. Kris Bryant was back in the lineup today, so I thought it would be great to wander around town with my headphones on, listening to the game and looking for bargains.

Instead I went to the bathroom and then to bed.

I'm feeling better NOW, of course. Now that the day is over. Oh well, I got my laundry done. And tomorrow is another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.