Sunday, February 18, 2018
1. What is your middle name and what is a middle name you'd rather have instead? Why? Since my nom de blog is The Gal Herself, I guess my middle name is "Gal."
2. How would you spend $1MM (you have to spend every penny!) I would pay off my bills and have a zero balance on everything. Then I'd fix this place up -- hardwood floors, finished bathroom, spruced up kitchen. Then I'd give my nephew some tuition assistance, and help my niece with her college loans. Then I'd help my friends: I'd pay for Reg and Henry's dogs to get the surgeries they need, I'd pay off my oldest friend's car, I'd help Kathy get new furniture for her new apartment. How much do I have left? This is fun!
3. Yellow light - speed up or slow down? Slow down.
4. What was the last movie you saw and what did you like/dislike about it? The last movie I saw was The Shape of Water. I loved the colors and the intensity. I disliked the violence.
5. If a movie was made about you, who would portray you in that movie? My go-to answer for this had always been Carrie Fisher. Now I have to rethink it. Maybe Valerie Bertinelli? I grew up on her, so that feels comfortable. (Even though there is no physical resemblance.)
6. What is the strangest thing you've eaten and what did it taste like? I once had shark. It was heavily breaded, with capers and tomato sauce, so it really just tasted like any other baked fish. But that's not the point. I felt very brave eating it.
7. What color is your bathroom? Pink and white.
8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would it be and why? I would take off to Washington DC with my nephew. He really wants to see it.
9. What is your least favorite thing to cook? Anything. I hate cooking.
10. What is the dish you make that your family rolls their eyes at? Nothing comes to mind.
11. What are three things on your bucket list? I don't have a bucket list.
12. How many skeins of yarn do you think you are currently hoarding? None.
13. Today is my birthday. What virtual gift are you going to give me? Since I don't know the Swap-botter this meme was stolen from, I have no clue. Perhaps a virtual gift card?
14. What is your favorite candy? It changes. Today, it's Chunky.
15. What is your favorite time of the day and why? Around 9:00 PM. Everything that's got to be done has been done by then. Now it's my time.
16. If you could call in sick for a day, what would you do with the time? Nap. Take a long bath. Take a long lunch. Read.
17. How much did your last crafting run cost you? I don't do crafting.
18. Can you play a musical instrument and if so, which one? I am not musical.
19. What is your least favorite craft that you still do? Why? Enough with the crafting questions, Swap-botter!
20. If you could have any job for just one day, what would it be and what would you do? I would work in the cat adoption room at an animal shelter. I would cuddle cats and clean cages and answer questions for prospective adopters.