Friday, August 25, 2017

August Happiness Challenge: Day 24

Rizz loves teamwork
On Day 24, I'm happy for support. I've been so stressed about internal politics. As I've worked on this latest project, my efforts haven't been about what's right for the client -- whom I admire -- and moving their business forward. It's been about whether or not I can get past our 27-year-old account exec, who is harder to get past than Cerberus, and just about as pleasant.

My skin's a mess. I blame her.

I showed my efforts to my boss, who focused where I needed him to focus and made valuable contributions. I ran everything by an exceptional designer here on staff, who also pitched in.

Even better, both my boss and the other designer volunteered to be present when I finally show account exec everything. I feel so much better knowing they're with me on this. They have faith in my efforts, they appreciate how hard I've worked, and they have my back.

Now maybe my skin will start to heal.

If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the Happy Cub. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with AuSaturgust Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.