Friday, July 28, 2017

Cheers!

Today would have been JBKO's 88th birthday.

I found a Facebook group of people just as enduringly fascinated by her as I am. According to posts, John Jr. reminisced about celebrating with his mother, saying she wasn't big on gifts but, every year, she always wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, rocky road ice cream, and a glass of wine. He said that after she died, he continued to have the chocolate cake and rocky road and would silently toast her with a glass of wine.

It's also been said that, if she really liked you, she would make you a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting on your birthday.

Happy birthday, Jackie. I wish I'd known you well enough to share a piece of cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.