Thursday, January 14, 2016

My kingdom for a burger

My gastrointestinal tract is still rebelling. Which sucks. Every day I wake up and think, "This will be the day everything is fine!" And for more than two weeks, I've been disappointed.

I've been subsisting on poultry, crackers, soup, and rice. Oh, how I want beef! A nice, juicy burger with lettuce and cheese and thin-sliced pickles and lots of ketchup. Or a slice of deep dish pizza, gooey and cheesey. I want to wash it down with a chilled vodka and cran. But most of all, I really want a burger.

In the meantime, I'm going back to the doctor's office tomorrow. Not for a checkup, but to get the kit required to submit a stool sample. I'm disgusted by this. I'm sick of this. I want this to be done. Hopefully the lab will find discover something from my stool that was absent in my blood, and that's something that can be treated by an antibiotic.


3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping it's a simple solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying you get an easy-good-fix-and a speedy recovery. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped beef about 3 years ago. Good riddance. Not worth the pain I endured. I've changed my diet in several ways over the last 2-3 years either due to GI issues and/or migraines. Every so often I wish I could have a rare steak but the craving passes quickly. Honestly, the things I've omitted from my diet will only allow me to live a longer, more pain-free, and more quality life. Our bodies change as we get older. This is part of that.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.