Saturday, September 21, 2013

Someone's problem, but not mine

I was in my old hometown today, getting my hair cut and colored. (I think it looks cute, btw.)

The guy who does my hair asked what is up with my mother's house, just two blocks from his shop. I don't know exactly what he was referring to. I suspect something has changed about its appearance. Probably something with the bushes in the front yard. I was dismissive, saying that when I'm in town I go out of my way to not pass my mom's house. He said, "That's probably a good idea."

The reverse mortgage company will, I believe, take official possession of it (and then sell it at auction) on December 6.

My mother loved that house. Her parents built it and it's the house she left when she married my dad. My parents bought it from her parents for $1 when I was a toddler. My mom worked very hard on maintaining her yard.

I, on the other hand, was very unhappy while I lived there.

I don't know what's been done to that house. It's not my issue. Not anymore. Not in any way.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.