2) Another lyric is, "Each night before you go to bed, whisper a little prayer for me." Do you say your prayers? I talk with God every day but it's more like an ongoing conversation, rather than clasping my hands and going down on my knees in prayer.
3) Mama Michelle and Papa John were married in real life. It didn't end well -- not for the couple and not for the band. Do you believe you could work successfully with a romantic partner? I actually tried this and it didn't work well. For the most part, he and I were fine with it. Our coworkers were very uncomfortable, though. He and I would be talking about something, someone else would come in and then back away with an embarrassed, "OH! Sorry!" As though we were about to do it on the desk and they interrupted. Also, our supervisor used to not-so-subtly manipulate me into helping her manage him. So while I think a partner and I might be able to run our own mom-and-pop business together, add a third person to the mix and suddenly there's a passel of weird.
5) There is a rumor – completely false – that Mama Cass died while eating a ham sandwich. Can you name another urban legend? Jerry Mathers (Beaver Cleaver) was killed in Vietnam. Which, of course, is as true as the Mama Cass/ham sandwich story.
7) With the Fourth of July falling on Thursday, are you able to enjoy a looooong four-day holiday weekend? It was a little weird to have Thursday off, work on Friday and be off again this morning. In fact, many of my coworkers took yesterday off to enjoy four uninterrupted days. But since I may be losing my job soon, I'm hoarding vacation days so I can get paid for them along with my severance.
8) Many communities have parades to celebrate Independence Day. Have you ever ridden on a float or marched in a parade? In junior high, I marched in the local July 4th parade with my Girl Scout troop. In high school I helped build homecoming floats by stuffing colored paper into chicken wire, but I didn't ride.
9) In honor of the Fourth of July, name your favorite Founding Father. I'm going to go with John Adams because he gave us Abigail. Abigail Adams completely rocked.
SHOUT OUT TO KATHY W: I can't comment on your blog because Google Chrome or Plus or whatever won't let me log in. But I read your answers and now fear you because, well, you "know shit." :)