Friday, August 05, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 5

People coming through. My oldest friend has offered to fly in to hold my hand during surgery. I'm not taking her up on it. Even though her son is now 21, he's too angry and messed up to be alone with her daughter and I don't want to be worrying about my friend's chaotic family while I'm healing. Still, it's enormously touching that she wants to do this for me.

My friend Kathleen not only wants to drive me home from the hospital, she thinks it would be great to have a shower for me. She wants me to go to Target and register for things to enjoy while I'm recuperating from "giving birth" to my "stapler."

John wants to be there for me, too, to repay the kindness all of his friends -- including me -- showed him during his illness.

Barb has been checking up on me, too. That's not really like her. I appreciate it.

I didn't expect all of this, and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

4 comments:

  1. how wonderful to know you are getting the support you need. wish i could seen a "shower gift" to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are loved and supported. Isn't it nice to see that? Even when you "know" it's there, having people show up for you when you need it is a gift.

    Can I send a giftie too for the stapler shower? I wanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love the shower idea! You should totally do that!

    By the way, in honor of you, I watched A Hard Day's Night last night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be able to send a shower giftie, too! And it doesn't surprise me one little bit that your friends are rallying around you now.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.