Monday, February 21, 2011

Well, this was a first

I had my initial, baseline EKG today. It was part of my annual physical. I told my doctor that after short, sudden spurts of activity, it takes me a while to breathe normally again. She said that while it wasn't anything she was too concerned about -- after all, I wasn't experiencing any pain or tightness in my chest -- she thought that now it was time to take my first EKG. It came back normal.

While my bloodwork won't be back for days, she feels that just about everything about me looks normal to her. Interestingly, I was the one who brought up my weight. In her words, it's "something to keep an eye on," but she wasn't that disturbed about. Considering how disturbed I am about it, that was good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.