Saturday, January 08, 2011

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The First 2011 Alphabet Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!

A is for Age: Old. Older than dirt. Older than Methuselah. I'm talkin' old here, people!

B is for Beer of choice: Miller Light

C is for Career: I write

D is for favourite Drink: Coke

E is for Essential item you use everyday: Internet

F is for Favourite song at the moment:




G is for favourite Game: Canasta

H is for Home town: A certain toddlin' town

I is for Instruments you play: None. I am painfully non-musical.

J is for favourite Juice: Orange

K is for Kids: Yes, it is. Do you have a question?

L is for Last kiss: And here is to EDDIE VEDDER ...



(thank you, Miss Silver!)


M is for marriage:
I'm single.

N is for full Name: The Gal Herself

O is for Overnight hospital stays: I had a uterine fibroid embolization back in 2004. Do you really want to hear about it? I thought not.

P is for phobias: Flying

Q is for quote: "East is east and west is west. And if you take cranberries and stew them applesauce, they'll taste more like prunes than rhubarb does." Groucho Marx

R is for biggest Regret: I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

S is for sports: Chicago Cubs baseball

T is for Time you wake up: 6:00 AM. And yet I still manage to be late for work most mornings.

U is for colour of underwear: White.

V is for Vegetable you love: Corn

W is for Worst Habit: Laziness, sloppiness, sloth ...

X is for X-rays you've had: Annual dental x-rays and mammograms

Y is for Yummy food you make: Apple Banana Cake. Here is the recipe ...

Wet Ingredients

* 4 cups of peeled cored and grated apples

* 2 mashed bananas

* 1 teaspoon vanilla

* 1/2 cup vegetable oil

* 2 eggs

* 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans (optional)

Dry Ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour

* 2 cups sugar

* 2 teaspoons baking soda

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Combine all the wet ingredients in large bowl and mix well.

3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.

4. Add dry to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.

5. Pour into an UNgreased 9"x13" pan.

6. Bake for 1 hour.

Z is for zodiac sign: Sagitarius

5 comments:

  1. Eddie Vedder leads Pearl Jam...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE flying with a passion.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/e-is-for-essential-item-you-use-everyday/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!
    http://mondaymahem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I love your answers! Great videos and the recipe looks easy enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers! It's always nice to meet fellow Cubs fans :)

    That bread sounds divine! I'll have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun answers! I like that you included videos. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.