Saturday, January 08, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Closer to Home

1. Where did you grow up? Where do you consider home? I grew up in Brookfield, IL, a village 13 miles and a lifestyle outside of Chicago. I live in Oak Park and work in Chicago. I consider either/both "home."

2. If you could paint your car any color with no loss in value, what color would it be? I don't have a car. But if I did, I'd have a hugger orange Camaro. My cousin Rose had one and it was not only way cool, it was always easy to spot in even the busiest parking lot.

3. What do you think comes after death? Heaven. It's one of the few things about our existence I don't question.

4. Name a TV show that should NOT be renewed for another season. Jersey Shore

5. If you could have a free subscription to any online service, which would you like to have? One of those that lets you check databases for lawsuits, marriage licenses, bankruptcies, etc. No reason, really, except I read a lot of mysteries, and it seems that private investigators have so much at their fingertips and I want it, too.

6. Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now? I never thought about myself as this old. Sad but true.

7. What did you want to be when you grew up? A great singer. Being tone deaf got in the way.

8. If you were to suddenly become famous, and were forced to change names, what would you choose as your stage name? Julie Hughes. I like the assonance.

9. What is the first book that you can remember reading by yourself as a child?



3 comments:

  1. Snowbird5:54 AM

    Funny about Nurse Nancy.....I remember being SO PROUD of myself when I read Doctor Dan the Bandaid Man alone for the first time. I was probably in the first grade (we were all early readers) and I still have a copy of that book. (Wish it were the original copy but it is the 50th. Anniversary Edition!) Wonder what the book would be called now - the nurse might not be a Nancy and the doctor probably wouldn't be a Dan...perhap a Nurse Nathan and a Doctor Danielle! SNOWBIRD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in Oak Park :)

    Enjoy your day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/sunglasses-that-take-pictures-now-theres-something-we-need/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stage name! And I have the exact same answer for #6.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.