Monday, November 08, 2010

Movie Monday -- Hated It

Share on the worst movie you've ever seen, linking back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

There are some bad movies I luxuriate in, the way others slide into a warm bath. Have
you ever seen Valley of the Dolls? Attack of the Puppet People? There's a genius to how awful-yet-watchable these films are.

Then there are the movies that just suck. They have no entertainment value whatsoever. Here are two. Never watch these movies. Save yourself.

Love Happens. Aren't love stories touching? Isn't Jennifer Aniston adorable? Isn't Aaro
n Eckhart handsome? Isn't Martin your favorite Sheen? How bad could a love story starring these three be? Oh. My. God. You have no idea how bad. 109 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

City Heat. It stars Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds, with Jane Alexander and Rip Torn in supporting roles. So you can expect it to be high quality and campy fun, right? WRONG. It's beyond bad, it's insultingly stupid. Too dull to watch, too many car crashes and shoot outs to sleep through. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.


6 comments:

  1. too funny, I like how you described the first one. Right down to the time you'd never get back. loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw 'Love Happens,' and couldn't finish it. I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    So, I guess I should take Love Happens off my Netflix queue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin is indeed my favorite Sheen but I wouldn't go near this film. Thanks for reinforcing my instinct to stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun topic this week. I especially enjoy your descriptions.

    I think mine would be Joe Versus The Volcano. It pains me to type the title, even.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahahahaha! Love your description of Love Happens. Thank you for steering me clear :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.