2. What was your adult summer reading? My favorite book this summer was Heart of the Matter. It's the story of an extramarital affair as told alternately by the wife and the other woman. I ached for both of them, and it got me thinking that no one sees him (or her) self as a villain.
3. When you assembled your clothes last night for today's activities - you did do that, didn't you? - what did you choose to wear? Dark wash jeans and one of those pullovers I bought at Carson's.
4. What's in your lunchbox? Tuesday I'm buying lunch. But yesterday I brought spinach salad and apple slices w/caramel.
5. Imagine that your teacher is your fantasy crush. What would you bring her/him on the first day of school? Hmmmmm??? A sachet redolent of Lovely cologne, my scent. I want him to become familiar with it, as he'll be breathing it in as he leans over me in class, discussing my schoolwork.
6. No rest for the weary. Your child's teacher just called. A big ole' bully knocked your precious one into a locker for no good reason at all. What is your response to the principal? Set up a meeting for the three of us -- Principal, me and Ma Bully.
7. You have been given a pair of scissors, a glue stick and copy of Entertainment Weekly. Whose picture do you cut out and who do you glue to your headboard? George Clooney on the red carpet, wearing a tuxedo and roguish charm.
8. TEN POINT BONUS QUESTION! Now that you have time to watch all those Gilligan's Island reruns, tell me....What was the Professor really doing with Mary Ann all that time they were lost in the jungle? Hiding from Gilligan and the Skipper. Gawd! All that bickering!
And remember this uplifting quote:
"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."