Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August Happiness Challenge 2010 -- Day 24

Done! After six months and countless hours and $700 (it would have $1075 without insurance), my tooth is finally done!

Why was it so complicated? In the 18 years since I first got a crown in the back, my gums have receded. This allowed a cavity to form beneath the crown. Unusual, but not unheard of. The cavity grew horizontally across the tooth, rather than down into the gum. Also unusual. This made it easier for my dentist to save the tooth (yea!) but also entailed some surgery on the gums on either side. And, unfortunately, the old crown which had served me so well came apart upon removal, so it had to be replaced.

But what matter now? As of 7:20 on August 24, my long dental nightmare was over!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure why, but dental works really scares me (and I've never even had a cavity).

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.