Friday, June 18, 2010

Clean Me for Thursday


Every day I am going to do something -- no matter how small -- to improve my standard of living at home.

This may not sound like a big deal, but trust me, for this Gal, it is. Yesterday, en route to picking up my nephew for the ballgame, I stopped at Goodwill and dropped off a bag of little stuff -- about two dozen pairs of earrings, brand-new pink flip-flops (a giveaway from a salon), a pair of books. The old me wouldn't have bothered "yet," figuring the bag wasn't big enough to bother with. What the New Clean Me realizes is that I actually must DO what I'm GONNA DO to get stuff out of here. Whether it's actually mailing that package to Operation: Shoebox, remembering to place that extra cosmetics bag I bought in my gym bag, or donating my costume jewelry to Goodwill, follow through matters even more than intention.

2 comments:

  1. I just did the big Zen clean in my home. I threw away and gave away tons of stuff from attic to dungeon - one room at at time. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel.

    OOHHHMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.