Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Midnight Confessions


1. Have you ever had to confess something to a lover or friend? Of course. Many times. I think it's just part of being in a relationship.

2. How well do you handle rejection? Personally -- not well, especially not at first. Though I admit that sometimes I have been relieved by rejection, secretly certain that I've been spared something that wouldn't have been right for me anyway. Professionally -- I'm fine with it. For every major project we present multiple concepts and the client usually only chooses one. So rejection is built into the process.

3. What makes you feel old? Last weekend my niece -- a junior in high school -- admitted she had no idea who Joni Mitchell was.

4. What makes you feel young? Partying and laughing with my friends.

5. What’s something you are old school about? Baseball. I'm a Cubs fan and at Wrigley Field there's no jumbotron, no mascots, and no designated hitter.

6. What TV show's seasons would you buy on DVD? Tell us why it rocks. NCIS. I love team members and their camaraderie, I love Gibbs and learning more about his rules.

7. If you could create your own TV channel, what would it be? I'd take the premise established by Chicago's Me-TV and show nothing but reruns of shows I loved the first time around. Only my lineup would include 80s shows like Kate & Allie, Moonlighting and thirtysometing.

8. Where do you like to go for a day trip? Chicago's Museum Campus. It's been too long since I have visited The Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium.

9. Name some things that you still want to do in your life. Get my bathroom renovated.

3 comments:

  1. I've only been to Chicago one time. But I had to see a game at Wrigley. I was lucky. The Cards were in town. Just a great park. :)My brother takes my dad to Wrigley ever year for a series or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* museums. Unfortunately, we don't have any here. One of my dream trips is to go to Washington,DC with hubby and do all the various Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo. I've been, but he hasn't. One of these days...

    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.