The American Idol Meme. You be the judge!
1. Do you watch American Idol? Yes. It's appointment TV for me.
2. Who is your favorite judge? Simon. Because he's usually right.
3. Who is your favorite contestant this season and why? Lee DeWyze. Because he's got a nice bluesy note to his voice, he's good looking and he's from Chicagoland.
4. Who is your least favorite contestant this year and why? Of all the finalists, Andrew Garcia. He suffers from a charisma deficit. But since he's gone home, now my least favorite is Big Mike. There's something rather insincere about his histrionics.
5. Have you ever actually voted via text message? No.
6. Is there a part of the show you find really annoying? Those Up with People opening numbers. And the car commercials. Painful!
7. What is your overall opinion of the show this season? It's not my favorite season, but I'm enjoying it.
8. Do you like Simon Cowell as a judge? What do you think of his judging style? See #2.
9. Is Ellen DeGeneres qualified to be an American Idol singing judge? As qualified as Paula. Love and miss Paula, but she was no great shakes as a singer. I think what both she and Ellen bring is the empathy of someone who has performed onstage live.
10. If you could pick a song to sing on the show this week, what would your song choice be and why? This week is inspirational week, tied to Idol Gives Back. So I'd do "If I Could Dream," but nowhere near as well as Elvis did.
11. Who is your favorite all-time American Idol winner? If you like, post a video of their performance. My favorite is still Taylor Hicks, because he was my first. A girl never forgets her first, and the McPhee/Daughtry/Hicks season was when I got hooked on the show.
By the way, I included the photo of Queen Victoria
so we would all appreciate how lucky we are
to have Mimi as our monarch.