Saturday, October 03, 2009

It was a good time, but now it's over

There's an old song -- introduced by Liza Minnelli, I believe -- that I want the city workers to sing as they remove all the "Back the Bid" signage this weekend.

"Since you're gone and won't be mine again
There are many stars that will not shine again
Except some time deep in my reverie
You return and then I remember when
It was a good time, it was the best time
It was a party, just to be near you ..."

I mean it, Gang. I want those banners down before we all come back downtown Monday morning. Otherwise we're gonna experience a massive, ugly citywide hangover. I recommend that from today going forward, "the Bid" be treated like the 1968 Democratic Convention: "It never happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.