Saturday, July 25, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The "Leave It to Meme" Meme
1. Who was your FIRST date? A guy I hung around with, or who, more precisely, let me hang around with him. He was a neighbor boy, a year ahead of me. Soooo sophisticated!
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? Nope.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? A very sweet liqueur from a very ornate bottle. We'd liberated it from our parents' liquor cabinet.
4. What was your FIRST job? Babysitting.
5. What was your FIRST car? An ancient Impala.
6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? Fort Lauderdale to visit my uncle.
7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? She's the one I refer to on this blog as "my oldest friend." We've known each other since we were 6.
8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time? Our next door neighbor's son. Billy was in his 20s, I was in Kindergarten. I used to visit with him as he washed his car and he promised he'd marry me. I was really pissed that he not only wasn't waiting for me, but I had to watch him marry HER. (Her name was Sandy and she used a lot of hairspray.) He had an undiagnosed heart problem and died suddenly just a few years later.
9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate. I've never had a roommate.
10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)? Serenity.
11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? To dance. You know, box step. I wanna be Ginger Rogers.
12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with? Nope.
13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why? Ballet. Why? Because I was in second grade. My mother told me to get in the car, as so I went.
14. What is the first thing you do when you get home? Toss my keys into the basket by the front door so I don't lose them.