Friday, February 13, 2009

Ha! I believe I have thwarted him.

Behold my weapon -- the simple, interoffice envelope.

Regular readers are familiar with my ongoing battle with my cat, Reynaldo. For the last four years, he and I have been engaged in a battle of nerves. No, wait, that's not right. Rey has no nerves. Make that a battle of wills. For you see, like Stitch in Lilo and Stitch, Rey is programmed to destroy. Sometimes he gets so wild, so pumped on adrenaline, that he can't seem to stop his little furry self from knocking over all my manila folders, letting the contents spill onto the floor, and then digging around in them so there is no semblance of order anymore -- none whatsoever. Last time he did this, I was so overwhelmed by the mess he made that I nearly cried.

After giving it some thought -- and reminding myself that as a human, I am gifted with both superior intellect and opposing thumbs, so I should be able to win this battle of wills -- I have stumbled upon the solution. I replaced the manila folders with interoffice envelopes that have velcro on the flap! These well-worn envelopes were en route to being recycled anyway, so I have given them a new lease on life. And, should Rey knock them over, the contents can't come out and he can't dig around in the paper like a picnicer digging for clams at the seaside.

He watched me move the files last night. Very attentive. All purry and affectionate. Poor little guy. I bet he didn't realize he was watching me stage his Waterloo.

4 comments:

  1. How is it I think I hear a "muahahaha" as I read this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously??? Seriously?? You must think like a cat...Rey is just plotting, if not the envelopes, than something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:39 PM

    I'll give it two days. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL...that's just gonna make 'im spiteful, ya know?, so I'd keep a close eye on my potted plants! heehee...

    Hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.