Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Sunny Saturday in Review

What I did, and what I didn't do, today, the first day all year that the mercury hit 50ยบ!

Did Do. Went out to breakfast. Shopped, picking up jeans … and a book (for me) … and a CD (Broooooooce!) … and a DVD (The Godfather, a birthday gift for my best friend, the only person on the planet who hasn't seen it). Dropped off my receipts and forms with the accountant, and had a nice visit with her. Walked my 10,000 steps, and enjoyed every one of them. Grocery shopped. Blabbed with my mom (she's worried about my niece because she had a spat with her friends). Right now I'm watching an exceptional episode of L&O:SVU with Ellen Burstyn.

Didn't Do. Attack the paperwork. My cat Reynaldo took a year's worth of backup for my 2008 return, as well as bills that need to be paid, and God knows what else, and dumped it all on the floor. Then he dug around in it, making certain that there now is no semblence of order left at all. Why? He was bored. He was jacked up over the open windows and fresh air. He is the kitty equivalent of Marley. He is Satan's spawn. I am willing to entertain any of those explanations. Just looking at that mess makes me want to cry. Yet right now, he looks so cute, curled up like a feline fur shrimp. This is not the first time that his behavior has exhausted and exasperated me. I have come to realize that God gave me Reynaldo to teach me patience and acceptance. For my sweet boy cat is never going to change.

4 comments:

  1. It is 73 degrees here today!
    I had a wonderful (but weird) in Bloggingham. No cats though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:07 AM

    I've never seen The Godfather either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow missed this post when you made it...but, I'm laughing at you this morning, because I too have one of Satan's Spawn, but mine comes in the canine variety (Buggy is "purr-fect" in every way! LoL) - Luckily, it was a bit warmer here too this week, so I was able to take what was left of my potted plants back outside....MY terror has been eating them, then propmptly puking them back up all over my hardwood floors! ...But, they ARE cute when they're asleep, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.