Sunday, February 08, 2009

Fie on that infamous Today Show interview!

Damn the couch jumping incident with Oprah! For all that wackiness tarnished one of our most entertaining movie stars. I'm watching The Firm, and while Tom Cruise may not be a great actor, he's such a charismatic screen presence. It's hard to enjoy his movies, though, without his real-life shenanigans distracting me.

By the way, The Firm was directed by Sydney Pollack, who died last year. I loved his work and will miss him.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, it's funny, but I *really* liked him at first ("Risky Business"), then he bothered me ALOT, 'cause he just *knew* he was too-damn-cute ("Top Gun", et al) ...then, when everybody and his brother started thinking "this guy's a whack-job", I kinda found a spot in heart for him again....*shrug*...I agree, tho, no matter what my 'take' on him is at any given moment, he certainly has a charismatic and engaging presence about him, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.